In case you missed the Accreditation Open Forum Celebration, click here to watch.
Welcome to the Skyline College 2013 Accreditation website. On this site you will find current information about the activities, documents and findings of our self evaluation process and contact information for you to use to give your feedback and suggestions. It takes all of us working together to make this maximally successful, so please do let us hear from you.
The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), a division of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), requires its affiliated colleges, including Skyline College, CSM and Cañada, to undergo a comprehensive self evaluation every six years.
Skyline College is also accredited by:
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians*
- Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care*
- Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
- International Association of Healthcare Central Service and Materials Management
- Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
*Students required to take certification examinations
Our next comprehensive self evaluation is a four-part process:
- Skyline College's internal self evaluation, a process that took place from fall 2011 through spring 2013, resulted in the preparation of a Self Evaluation Report of Educational Quality and Institutional Effectiveness (Institutional Self Evaluation Report) that was submitted to ACCJC.
- An on-campus visit in Fall 2013 by an accreditation team composed of peer evaluators.
- The ACCJC’s review and decision on the accredited status of Skyline College.
- Skyline College's ongoing self-improvement to meet regional and federal standards and our subsequent reports to ACCJC demonstrating that we have done so.
This web site is one resource for the 2013 institutional self evaluation
It is designed to serve the following purposes:
- Inform the entire Skyline College campus community about the ongoing planning and activities related to the 2013 institutional self evaluation.
- Provide resources for the Standards Committees that are preparing the Institutional Self Evaluation Report.
- Provide the public with information related to Skyline College's 2013 institutional self evaluation.
Please Give Us Your
This site is updated frequently. You are invited to return often. Please let us know if you have any questions or need information about the accreditation process.