Daly City Police Athletic League Educational Foundation Scholarship Award
Founded in 2007 – Authored by Prof. Steve Aurilio, (DCPD Sgt. - Ret.)
The Daly City Police Athletic League (PAL), in conjunction with the Daly City Police Department, has developed a program to help promote post-secondary educational opportunities for Daly City area PAL youth. It is the Daly City Police Athletic League Educational Foundation (or “PAL-Ed”).
The purpose of PAL-Ed is to provide financial assistance to Daly City area PAL high school seniors and community college students who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of law enforcement or criminal justice, and upon graduation from high school will be pursuing criminal justice studies at Skyline College, or will be attending a California P.O.S.T. police academy.
A special PAL-Ed fund will be used to help two students per year pay for course enrollment, registration, tuition, textbooks, supplies, and other academic needs. Daly City PAL will award up to $2,000.00 each year, to be divided between two qualifying/selected candidates, one male and one female.
- Serious interest in pursuing Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice career.
- Is, or will soon be, enrolled in the Skyline College ADMJ Program, or
- Is, or will soon be, enrolled in a California P.O.S.T. Police Academy.
- Possess 2.0 GPA (“C” grade point average or better) in current school.
- Possess personal history background consistent with a L.E./C.J. career.
- No felony convictions/dispositions, either as an adult or as a juvenile.
- Have verifiable experience in voluntary community service activities.
- Undergo an application and selection process, including oral interview.
- Be a current resident of Daly City, Colma, or Broadmoor.
- Have participated in Daly City PAL or DC Park & Rec. Dep’t sports.
Interested and qualifying candidates must print out and complete the PAL-Ed Application form.
Mail or deliver the completed application to Professor Steve Aurilio at Skyline College, 3300 College Drive, San Bruno, CA 94066.
Candidates will be notified of application acceptance and will be scheduled for an oral interview with PAL board.