Brothers & Sisters Conference
In collaboration with the ASTEP learning community, the Brothers and Sisters Conference will be a great transition and welcoming opportunity for students as they graduate high school and come to Skyline College. The conference will expose students to opportunities, success stories, and positive affirmation.
Student participants will also be exposed to:
- Financial Aid information- making college affordable, job opportunities on campus, etc.
- Role models in college and mentorship on campus
- Personable & engaging faculty and staff
- Engaging and interactive academic programs of study
- Workshops for success/professional preparation/leadership
- Taking educational responsibility, valuing opportunities, and making a decision on what you want to accomplish
- Preparing for next steps in education and succeeding in classes, staying organized, and maintaining a to do list
- Being patient and persistent with school; Having an educational mindset, staying focused; Striving for success mentality
- Applying yourself, sticking to what you want to do
- Believing in themselves, self-confidence
- Having a personal plan, career options, transferring to a four-year institution
- Avoiding stereotypes, not buying into them, using them for motivation, proving them wrong
Food (breakfast and lunch) will be provided along with possible transportation. We have limited space available so please sign up as soon as possible. For more information contact Kwame Thomas at email@example.com.
Please fill out the survey linked below if you are an individual who would like to attend the Brothers and Sisters ConferenceIndividual Registration
Please fill out the survey linked below if you are signing up a group of people or a school group to attend the Brothers and Sisters ConferenceGroup/School Registration