Students of the Year
Each year ASTEP staff reviews the roster of ASTEP students who are receiving an associate degree and transferring to a four-year institution of higher education. From this list one to three recipients are selected for the ASTEP “Outstanding Student of the Year” award.
Recipients of this award are those students who have taken full advantage of ASTEP services and meet the following criteria:
- Academic excellence (a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average)
- Persevere in the face of tremendous emotional and financial challenges to continue their education
- Exceptional ability in guiding the academic and/or professional growth of their peers while promoting student success
- Strong participation in ASTEP sponsored activities and events
- Graduating with associate degree and transferring to a four-year institution of higher education
The award will be presented at the annual "ASTEP End of the Year Celebration" in May.
2014 ASTEP Outstanding Student of Year Award Recipients
DeShawn Davis, Cecilia Fernandez and Latasha Washington