Provide Career Opportunities to Local Students
Welcome to the Career Services Center at Skyline College. Our college is home to over 10,000 locally-based students, in areas that include:
- San Bruno / Millbrae– 13%
- Daly City/ Colma – 24%
- South San Francisco – 15%
- Pacifica – 9%
- San Francisco – 21%
About Our Academic and CTE Programs
Skyline College offers a variety of Academic Programs, which include:
- Early Childhood Education
- Computer Science
- Allied Health
- International Trade
In addition, we have developed over 30 Career Technical Education (CTE) programs that can meet the needs of employers seeking a specialized or technical workforce. These programs include:
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Automotive Technology
- Paralegal Studies
- Energy Systems Technology Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Surgical Technology
Employer Recruitment Services
There are several ways to market employment or internships opportunities to our students.
1. Post to our Student Job Board:
- Complete our quick Job Posting Form online and our team will post your opening(s) within 2 business days
- Or, for those employers that seek to be more hands on in managing their opening(s), you can create an employer account on SkylineJobs and post your position(s) any time.
In addition to posting online, please send us your marketing materials. Our center helps to post local job opportunities on our Jobs Kiosk and throughout campus.
You can email your soft copies to Lezra at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring your hard copies to the Career Services Center in Building 1, Rm. 1219B.
2. Participate in Get Work Wednesday
Each Wednesday the Career Services Center hosts an employer that is hiring for 5 or more positions from 10am to 2pm in our student dining hall for Get Work Wednesday. There is no cost to participate.
If you are interested, please complete the Employer Interest Form and we will contact you to make arrangements.
3. Sign up for our Job Fair
Each semester the Career Services Center hosts a Job Fair for students, often in partnership and collaboration with the California Employment Development Department. These job fairs are open to the community and offer employers a chance to interact with both students, faculty and staff, and the larger San Mateo County/San Francisco County community. If you are interested in participating please email our Employment and Internships Development Coordinator, Lezra Chenportillo.
Our Spring 2015 Job Fair is currently scheduled for Wednesday, April 29. Registration form coming soon!
4. Meet with our Employment & Internships Development Coordinator
Our Employment and Internships Development Coordinator, Lezra Chenportillo is available to aid employers in their recruitment and placement needs. Please contact us for additional assistance.