Fall 2014 Workshops
Career Services offers a variety of workshops to help you build vital career development skills. Click on the calendar below for a list of workshops, dates, times and information.
To register for the workshops visit the Career Services Center in Bldg 1, Rm. 1219B or call (650) 738-4337.
SERVICES WE OFFER:
- Meet with a Career Counselor
- Call or drop by the Career Center to schedule an appointment with one of our Career Counselors. We can help you identify the area along the career process where you need support, what strategies and resources can assist you, and provide advice and direction along the way.
- Utilize Career Researching Tools
- The Career Services Center offers a number of online career researching tools such as SkylineJobs, Career Café, Eureka, etc. Students may also utilize the Career Services Center’s computer station and library of career and vocational resources.
- Register for one of our Career Courses
- Learn about our career courses: CRER137, 100, &116 – for guidance through your career planning.
- Got Work? Need Work? Let’s Talk!
- Wednesday, September 3
- 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- An introduction to the Career Services Center. Learn how we can help you connect with employment opportunities and internships. Enhance your academic foundation with real life experience!
- AA, BA, MA, PhD, What’s the Difference?
- Wednesday, September 10
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. - Building 1, Room 1219B
- Join Career and Transfer Center staff for a discussion on the differences between academic degrees and navigating the college system.
- Transfer Conference
- Saturday, September 20
- Career Services Center and Transfer Center staff will be present to discuss the process of declaring a major and connecting majors to the needs and changes of the labor market.
- Applying to SFSU’s Nursing Program
- Tuesday, September 23
- 12:10 – 1:10 pm – Building 1, Room 1219B
- Come learn about the application process and requirements to increase your chances of being admitted to SFSU’s Nursing Program. This workshop will be presented in collaboration with the Transfer Center.
- DREAMers to Doctors
- 1:00 - 3:00 - Building 2, Room 2306
- Hear from PhDREAMers as they discuss the road to medical school, professions in the health field, and how they have overcome their unique barriers in these fields.
- Resume & Cover Letter Workshop & Lab
- Offered Weekly
- Learn up to date strategies for resume and cover letter writing and learn how to use the Resume Builder tool on SkylineJobs. Receive help as you create your resume draft.
- Job Search Strategies Workshop & Lab
- Offered Weekly
- Learn about local employers seeking Skyline students. Get help creating a strategy for your job search. Discover additional job search tools & resources available to you.
- Get the LinkedIn Advantage Workshop & Lab
- Offered Bi-Weekly
- Create or update your LinkedIn account. Learn how to use the world’s largest professional network for job searching, internships, networking and career exploration.
- Tomorrow’s Internship Starts Today Workshop & Lab Offered Bi - Weekly
- Learn how to research and find an internship that is the best fit for you. Learn about several strategies you can start to do that will make you a competitive applicant. Get help through your application process.
- Interviewing Strategies Workshop & Lab
- Offered Monthly
- Gain valuable job interviewing strategies and practice your interviewing skills. Also learn how to conduct an informational interview to gather information from people employed in professional fields you are considering.
EMPLOYMENT RESOURCES AND EVENTS:
- Register for SkylineJobs.com (It’s Free!)
- All students can log-on to SkylineJobs.com to view daily job postings, create resumes, & stay updated on career happenings on campus!
- Get Work Wednesdays (Employer on Campus)
- Meet local employers on campus and apply for employment. Employers may interview & hire on the spot so come prepared!
- Attend a Job Fair or Internship Fair (Employer on Campus)
- Keep a look each semester for our Job and Internship Fairs where 20–40 employers will be looking to recruit Skyline College students & community members.
- Save the date for Fall 2014 Fairs:
- October 15th – Internships & Social Impact Fair
- November 5th – Veteran’s Job Fair