The Bay Area Center for International Trade Development (Bay Area CITD) is one of 10 CITD locations across California. Bay Area CITD is based at Skyline College, San Bruno, California. California CITD was established in 1989 and funded by the Chancellor’s Office of the State of California to promote the state’s international trade and competitiveness, assist exporters and importers, and advance economic and job growth.
Bay Area CITD assists businesses in expanding globally, assists individuals and students to advance their knowledge of global business, and helps colleges internationalize their curriculum. Bay Area CITD also manages the California State Trade and Export Promotion program (California STEP), which is one of the largest state-based export promotion efforts in the United States.
- Export and import education programs for businesses and entrepreneurs
- Faculty development programs targeting Community College faculty interested in global business
- Programs that prepare students and individuals to obtain industry-certified credentials, such as the Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) and Customs House Broker (CHB) exams
- Export promotion assistance for companies expanding globally, including business matchmaking and trade missions
- "Help Desk" to answer questions about international trade and help solve international business transaction challenges