California State Trade and Export Promotion Project
The California State Trade Expansion Program (California STEP) project leverages a statewide network of state, federal, private, and non-profit trade promotion organizations to facilitate export promotion, activities, serving targeted industries, to drive exports for businesses.
California STEP’s goals are simple:
- If you are exporting, we’d like to help your business export more.
- If you are not exporting, then we’d like to help you get started.
California STEP can help you answer the following questions:
- What opportunities are there for my firm to connect with overseas buyers in California?
- How can my firm maximize our marketing efforts through trade shows abroad?
- Who can I contact to shorten my time for export assistance?
- What opportunities exist for my firm to get specialized export training and assistance?
How will California STEP help Small Businesses?
- Support for small business participation in foreign trade missions and foreign market sales trips
- Subscription to services by the Department of Commerce.
- Trade Show exhibitions
- Participation in training
Activities include support for qualified Small Businesses to participate in:
- International trade shows
- Trade missions
- Other export promotion activities