Overview of the English Language Institute (ELI)
The ELI assists nonnative English speakers with:
- ESL classes via the ESOL department
- ESL counseling
- Language learning support
- Access to services for academic and financial success
- Degree, certificate, and career attainment
Click links below for captioned videos in these languages:
How do I get started at Skyline College?
- Apply here. If you need help with this process, please come to campus to room 1218, and the staff at the English Language Institute will be happy to assist. You can call 650-738-7089 to arrange to come in.
- Take a Placement Test. You can learn more about placement and make a placement appointment here.
- Get an orientation to the college. Call the ELI at 650-738-7089 to learn of any upcoming orientations.
- Make an appointment to meet with a counselor. Call the ELI at 650-738-7089 to make an appointment, drop by room 1218, or email us.
- Register for classes on WebSMART. The staff at the ELI will be happy to assist you with this process.
- Please note: If you are an out-of-state resident, the fee structure will be different than for California residents.
Program Mission: To empower and transform our global community of nonnative English (ESL) learners.
Program Outcome: Students will be able to access pathways to achieve their academic and personal learning goals.