Skip to contentSkip to top navigationSkip to switch websitesSkip to local navigation

Stipend and Scholarship Information

Child Development Training Consortium

Skyline College's Early Childhood Education (ECE)/Special Education (EDU) Department is part of the statewide Child Development Training Consortium (CDTC). The Consortium provides a Student Career and Education Stipend to eligible personnel employed by child development programs to assist them in meeting the requirements of the Child Development Permit or to assist with costs associated with obtaining an Early Childhood Education Certificate or Associates degree. Skyline College receives funds to reimburse eligible students for costs associated with enrollment fees, books, or other educational related expenses.

The Child development Training Consortium also provides financial assistance in obtaining Child Development permits. To contact the state office about this and other Consortium activities call (209) 572-6080, or contact ECE/EDU Program services Coordinator Kristina Brower for assistance (650) 738-4304).

Who is eligible for the stipend?

Employees of Child Development programs and Family Child Care providers are eligible to participate in the CDTC Student Career and Education Stipend during both fall and spring semesters at Skyline College provided they meet the following requirements:

  • Student must be seeking a new, or maintaining a currently held, Child Development Permit.
  • At the time of enrollment, the student must be employed by a child care/development program, including licensed family childcare and out-of-school care. Center-based programs must be licensed or eligible for an exemption according to Department of Social Services (DSS) regulations. Employment in a kindergarten classroom is also acceptable.
  • Student employment must directly benefit children and/or families. The employment experience must be acceptable to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing for purposes of obtaining a Child Development Permit, even if experience is not required for the permit.
  • Student must work in the state of California.

In order to participate in the Consortium, students must fill out a Participant Profile on the CDTC website, and then electronically and manually submit their profile to the Skyline College Campus Coordinator.

AB 212 Teacher Stipend Program

The AB 212 Teacher Stipend Program provides stipends to individuals working in California State Preschool Programs, state-funded Child Development Programs, Head Start or Early Head Start or Family Child Care Providers currently enrolled in 4Cs' Quality Counts once yearly starting in the fall semester. You can receive a stipend if you:

  • Attend an approved training activity, or
  • Complete a unit-bearing course at an accredited community college or 4-year university as specified in your Educational Plan (see page 9-10 of application available through Kristina Brower; contact listed below). Please note: If you are taking college units, you MUST make an appointment with your academic advisor, Kristina Brower, right away so she can advise you and sign off on your Education Plan.  Education plans must be included with your application.

If you are not sure whether you will participate in an approved training or college course this school year, we still encourage you to submit your application by the due date. This will ensure that you will be eligible to receive stipends for any approved activity completed over the course of the year. You may participate in several activities for a larger total stipend.

All applicants must complete and submit the AB 212 Teacher Stipend Program Application by the January deadline in order to participate. The application contains several required components, so it is encouraged to begin completing the application process well in advance of the deadline.  

The entire completed application includes:

  • Verification of employment, signed by your director
  • IRS W-9 form - completed, signed with original signature
  • The Education Plan signed by your academic advisor (required if you are participating in a unit-bearing courses)  

For an application contact:

AB 212 Teacher Stipend Program
101 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City, CA 94065


Kristina Brower (PSC, ECE/EDU)