Plan Ahead — Pay Ahead - Summer/Fall 2014
Effective Spring 2012, the District implemented a board policy that requires students to pay all fees at the time of registration.
Need Assistance Paying Your Fees? We’re here to help!!!
If you are unable to pay your Summer/Fall 2014 fees at the time of registration, you may sign up for a payment plan through Nelnet.
Here is how the payment plan works:
- Students carrying a balance from prior terms should pay off the balance prior to registering.
- There is a fee to enroll in the payment plan. The plan costs $20 for each semester.
- $30 fee will be assessed for a missed/late payment.
- A $30 fee will be assessed for insufficient funds. The company will try to submit the payment 3 times to the bank.
- Detailed information about how to sign up for the payment plan is available on WebSMART.
- Please be advised that the Fee Payment Deadline is on Thursday, July 31, 2014; students who have any unpaid fee balances will be dropped from all fall classes at midnight for non-payment of outstanding fees.
- Beginning, Friday, August 1 through August 18, 2014, students will be dropped at midnight the day following their registration for non-payment of any unpaid fees.
If you need assistance in paying your fees, you are encouraged to:
- Enroll in an inexpensive payment plan via WebSMART by 8:00 p.m. Pacific Time on July 31, 2014
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.gov) as soon as possible. A minimum of five (5) business days processing time is required to ensure receipt of the FAFSA to prevent your drop of non-payment (school code required: 007713 Skyline College). If you are an AB 540 student and unable to complete a FAFSA due to citizenship status, complete the 2014-2015 California Dream Application at www.caldreamapp.org as soon as possible. A minimum of five (5) business days processing time is required to ensure receipt of the Dream Application to prevent your drop for non-payment (school code required: 007713 Skyline College)
- Complete the Board of Governors Fee Waiver via WebSMART
- If you still need financial assistance after exhausting all options listed above, please contact the Vice President of Student Services.
- All Records are automatically held until all outstanding debts to the District Colleges have been cleared.
- Review your account on WebSMART regularly for current balances.