Plan Ahead — Pay Ahead
Effective Spring 2012, the District implemented a board policy that requires students to pay all fees at the time of registration.
Need Assistance Paying Your Fees? We’re here to help!!!
If you are unable to pay your fees at the time of registration, you may sign up for a payment plan through Sallie Mae.
Here is how the payment plan works:
- Students carrying a balance from prior terms should pay off the balance prior to registering.
- There is a fee to enroll in the payment plan. The plan costs $20 for each semester. New plans will be available for subsequent semesters at a cost of $20 each term.
- A $10 fee will be assessed for a missed/late payment, with a maximum of 2 missed payments.
- A $15 fee will be assessed for checks returned for insufficient funds.
- Detailed information about how to sign up for the payment plan is available on WebSMART.
- Please be advised that the Fee Payment Deadline is on Monday, January 6, 2014; students who have any unpaid fee balances will be dropped from all fall classes at midnight for non-payment of outstanding fees.
- Beginning, Tuesday, January 7 - Sunday, January 12, 2014, students will be dropped at midnight the day following their registration for non-payment of any unpaid fees.
If you need assistance in paying your fees, you are encouraged to:
- Enroll in an inexpensive payment plan via WebSMART by 8:00 p.m. on January 6, 2014
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.gov) as soon as soon as possible. A minimum of five (5) business days processing time is required to ensure receipt of the FAFSA to prevent your drop of non-payment (school code required: 007713 Skyline College). If you are an AB 540 student and unable to complete a FAFSA due to citizenship status, complete the 2012-13 California Dream Application at www.caldreamapp.org as soon as possible. A minimum of five (5) business days processing time is required to ensure receipt of the Dream Application to prevent your drop for non-payment (school code required: 007713 Skyline College)
- Complete the Board of Governors Fee Waiver via WebSMART
- If you still need financial assistance after exhausting all options listed above, please contact the Vice President of Student Services.
- All Records are automatically held until all outstanding debts to the District Colleges have been cleared.
- Review your account on WebSMART regularly for current balances.