Americorps Educational Award
- Student must go to My AmeriCorps Website and electronically submit request indicating Skyline College as their school
- Student must be currently registered in the semester they are requesting funds for
To ensure proper and timely payment of your award, it is our practice to accept only one Americorps award request per term. Skyline College must see that you are enrolled in at least 0.5 units for the term you are requesting. If you are not enrolled, your request will be denied. Your award is then pending the release of federal funds to Skyline College.
Timeline for Americorps Scholarships:
- The process may take up to 6 weeks
- A check will be mailed to Skyline College's Financial Aid Office (2 weeks)
- Check requisition forwarded to Cashiers Office (2 weeks)
- A check will be mailed to student's address on file with the Admissions & Records Office (1-2 weeks)
- Please note, mailing address can be updated through your WebSMART account
Payment Schedule for Financial Aid and Other Scholarship Payments
There are two major payment days at the beginning and at the mid-point of each semester for all students eligible for payments by those dates. These are followed by secondary payment dates every week to pay students who were not previously ready for payment. Students on financial aid who withdraw completely from school before completing 60% of the semester will be required to repay a portion of the student aid funds disbursed for that semester and may be ineligible for further aid. For disbursement dates, please visit: eDisbursement/Direct Deposit
If you have any questions, please email the Program Supervisor, Regina Morrison or call (650) 738-4350.