Honors Transfer Program
Make transfer preparation a priority!
The Skyline College Honors Transfer Program offers a selection of honors-designated courses designed to facilitate transfer to a four-year institution. All courses are eligible to all students who are otherwise eligible for the class, and classes are offered in the 5 IGETC areas that satisfy the lower-division breadth/general education requirements at both UC and the California State University.
Students who are eligible for the Honors Program may elect to take as few or as many courses as they wish, but only those who take a minimum of 4 courses in the program will be designated as honors graduates. Make sure to also like us on Facebook to get all the latest news.
To qualify for admission to the Honors Program a student must have both of the following two criteria:
- Be eligible for ENGL 100 (Composition) and MATH 120 (Intermediate Algebra).
- Have a high school GPA of at least 3.5 or a cumulative college GPA of 3.25 in at least 9 units of degree applicable courses.
Interested students who do not meet the two eligibility criteria above may be admitted into the Program on a provisional basis.
All students who wish to be admitted into the Honors Program must submit an application form with evidence of eligibility. Application forms are also available at the Honors Transfer Program Office (Room 4-242).
If applying directly from high school, students must also email transcripts to John Ulloa, Program Coordinator.
Where do students usually transfer?
Honors students from Skyline College have transferred to a variety of schools across the state, including but not limited to:
UC Los Angeles
|CSU Fullerton||Pitzer College|
|UC Irvine||CSU Long Beach||Pomona College|
|UC Riverside||CSU Pomona||Whitman College|
|UC Santa Cruz||Mills College||San Diego State University|
|UC San Diego||Pacific University||San Francisco State University|
Completion of the Program
- Students must graduate with a minimum 3.25 overall GPA and a 3.25 GPA in their honors courses.
- Note: "overall GPA" applies to ALL UC transferable courses that you have taken at Skyline College and other institutions. Make sure that Skyline College has your transcripts from other colleges you have attended, if any.
- Students must complete a minimum of 15 units of honors course credit in at least 4 courses.
- In addition, students must complete the community service requirement.
- Students who complete the Program will be honored at graduation, receive an honors designation on their transcript and degree, and will be entitled to all the advantages and privileges conferred only to Honors Transfer Program graduates.
If you have questions regarding the eligibility or application process, please contact John Ulloa, program coordinator.