Eligibility and Application
All interested students are welcome to apply, but please see the eligibility criteria below.
To qualify for admission to the Honors Program a student must have both of the following two criteria:
- Be eligible for ENGL 100 (Composition) and MATH 120 (Intermediate Algebra).
- Have a high school GPA of at least 3.5 or a cumulative college GPA of 3.25 in at least 9 units of degree applicable courses.
Interested students who do not meet the two eligibility criteria above may be admitted into the Program on a provisional basis.
All students who wish to be admitted into the Honors Program must submit an application form with evidence of eligibility. Application forms are also available at the Honors Transfer Program Office (Room 4-242).
If applying directly from high school, students must also email transcripts to John Ulloa, program coordinator.
Completion of the Program
- Students must graduate with a minimum 3.25 overall GPA and a 3.25 GPA in their honors courses.
- Note: "overall GPA" applies to ALL UC transferable courses that you have taken at Skyline College and other institutions. Make sure that Skyline College has your transcripts from other colleges you have attended, if any.
- Students must complete a minimum of 15 units of honors course credit in at least 4 courses.
- In addition, students must complete the community service requirement.
- Students who complete the Program will be honored at graduation, receive an honors designation on their transcript and degree, and will be entitled to all the advantages and privileges conferred only to Honors Transfer Program graduates.