Students in approved Career and Technical Education Programs may apply for the chance to receive a scholarship worth up to $2,000 per semester.
The Grove Scholars Program Scholarship Application is due by August 6, 2014 in order to be considered for scholarships for the Fall 2014 semester. The program is open to all students enrolled in approved Career and Technical Education Programs and selections will be made by August 18, 2014.
The selection panel will choose up to 25 Grove Scholars to each receive up to a $2,000 semester-length scholarship. Selected scholars will also receive financial education and coaching, career counseling, and additional services coordinated by SparkPoint.
- Complete the Grove Scholars ProgramApplication.
- Complete the Free Applicationfor Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2014 ‐2015 academic year. (If youare not eligible to apply for federal aid, please visit SparkPoint to obtain an alternate application to complete).
- Enroll in an approved CTE program. (You must be enrolled in at least one CTE coursein your CTE program).
- Meet with a counselor to complete a Student EducationPlan (SEP) that includes: 1) at least TWO semesters of courseplanning; and 2) at least one CTE coursein the next semesterfrom the program you are pursuing.
- Maintain a GPAof 2.0 along with a 75% completion rate (applicable to continuing students only.)
- Maintain full‐time enrollment at SkylineCollege.
Submit your application by Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 5:00 p.m. in Bldg. 1, Rm. 1214 for consideration.
List of Approved CTE Programs
• Accounting Computer Specialist • Administration of Justice • Asian Business Practices • Automotive Entrepreneurship • Automotive Technician - Entry Level • Automotive Technology: All Degree & Certificate Programs • Biotechnology: Entry Level Biotechnology • Biotechnology: Technician • Business Administration • Business General Supervision • Central Service Technology/Sterile • Computer Information Specialist • Early Childhood Education: • After School Program Assistant • After School Program Associate Teacher • Early Intervention Assistant • Emergency Medical Technology • Energy Systems Technology Management
• Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
• Family and Consumer Sciences • Green Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management • International Logistics • International Logistics: Customs Broker • Legal Aspects of International Business · Administrative Medical Assisting • Ocean Freight Forwarding • Paralegal, Legal Assistant • Solar Energy Technology • Telecommunications & Network Information • PC Configuration & Repair
*Please contact an academic counselor in order to verify any unlisted CTE program’s Grove Scholarship eligibility. All listed programs are eligible for participation.