Ask A Question
Have a question? Submit your general counseling related questions through our online Ask a Question form.
What type of question(s) can I ask through the Ask a Question form?
Ask a Question is intended to provide students with an opportunity to ask general questions of a counselor. Questions that require accessing a student’s account should be addressed during a regular counseling appointment (either in-person or online).
Types of questions that CAN be asked:
- General degree, certificate, or transfer requirements
- Transferability of a Skyline College course
- Course prerequisite information
- Clarification of college procedures and policies
- Information about programs and services, including requirements
- Course offerings
- Skyline College programs (degrees and certificates)
- Applying to Skyline College
Questions that CANNOT be asked:
Any question that requires that a student enter a student account cannot be addressed via the Ask a Counselor service, including:
- Request to clear registration blocks or holds (Contact the Office of Admissions & Records)
- Request to clear a course prerequisite (Visit the Prerequisite Equivalency webpage for information)
- Requests to evaluate transcripts (Visit the Transcript Evaluation Services (TES) service page for further information).
- Progress towards completion of Degree or Certificate Check your DegreeWorks account (found in Websmart) or schedule a counseling appointment
- Financial Aid Inquires Visit the Financial Aid website for further information
- Career Counseling Visit the Career Center website for further information
How long will it take to receive a response?
You will receive a response to your question within three (3) working days. During peak periods, response time may take a week. Our goal is to respond to your question in a timely manner.Submit your question