Fuel-Efficient Vehicle Preferred Parking Program
Currently, the average American who drives 15,000 miles per year emits over 17,000 pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2), the major contributor to climate change. Carpooling and/or driving a fuel efficient vehicle can more than double fuel efficiency of the average car and significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions like carbon dioxide. Skyline College and the San Mateo Community College District encourage faculty, staff and students to take steps to mitigate climate change. In hopes of furthering this encouragement, a new fuel-efficient parking program is available for fuel-efficient vehicles beginning January 2, 2012. The program allows fuel-efficient vehicles to park in special designated spaces. The program continues to develop and we are happy to have this program available for Skyline College.
- To see if your vehicle qualifies as a fuel-efficient vehicle, please see the List of Qualifying Vehicles.
- In order to park in these spaces your vehicle must be on the list
- If you drive a secondary vehicle that is not on the list you may not use your supplementary permit with it and park in the fuel-efficient space that day
- Please note that parking in the fuel-efficient spaces is based on a first-come, first-serve basis and there is no guarantee of a preferred space
- We encourage everyone who drives a fuel-efficient vehicle that qualifies, to participate in this program and help support Mason’s green initiatives and sustainability programs
Public Safety Department Parking Enforcement Note:
All vehicles require a staff/faculty/student or daily parking permit to park on campus in any of our fuel-efficient parking stalls. If your vehicle does not have a valid parking permit or is not on the Qualifying Vehicles List, and you park your vehicle in a fuel-efficient vehicle only parking stall, your vehicle will be subject to citation.