Project Change is designed to build community, on and off campus, that will serve as social, emotional and academic support for student members. The program connects formerly incarcerated and system impacted students to support services at Skyline College, such as EOPS, Promise Scholars, SparkPoint and the Wellness Center; as well as community resources.
The Project Change Club provides students with a voice on campus and a social network of students, staff and faculty who understand many of the experiences and concerns that system impacted students have in going to college, and who want you to succeed.
Who Is Eligible?
All students who have been incarcerated or otherwise system impacted.
- Formerly Incarcerated Students- The United States incarcerates more of its citizens than any other country in the world. All students who have served time in a correctional facility, have been placed on probation, or on parole are welcome.
- System Impacted Students- Incarceration impacts more than just those who serve time in correctional facilities. Family, friends and whole communities are often heavily affected, or system impacted, by incarceration in the United States. All students who have been system impacted are welcome.
- Register - complete the short 4 question registration
- Intake Meeting - attend your scheduled intake meeting
- Needs Assessment - identify your needs together with the program coordinator
- Personalized Resource Plan (PRP) - receive a PRP that connects you directly to resources
- Project Change Club - be part of a community that includes leadership and mentoring opportunities