TRiO Outstanding Student of Year Award
Each year TRiO staff reviews the roster of TRiO participants who are receiving an associate degree and transferring to a four-year institution of higher education. From this list one or two recipients are selected for the TRiO “Outstanding Student of the Year” award.
Recipients of this award are those students who have taken full advantage of TRiO services and meet the following criteria:
- Academic excellence (a minimum 3.50 cumulative grade point average)
- Persevere in the face of tremendous emotional and financial challenges to continue their education
- Exceptional ability in guiding the academic and/or professional growth of their peers while promoting student success
- Strong participation in TRiO SSS sponsored activities and events
- Graduating with associate degree and transferring to a four-year institution of higher education
The award will be presented at the annual "TRiO End of the Year Celebration" in May.
2015 TRiO Outstanding Student of Year Award Recipients
From left to right: Jessica Lopez Jimenez -TRiO Counselor, Naing Min - TRiO Student of the Year Recipient, Vanessa Aragon - TRiO Student of the Year Recipient, Nate Nevado - Interim TRiO Director