TRIO Grant Aid
Every Spring semester, the TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) program at Skyline College offers Grant Aid to provide financial support to active TRiO students who have unmet financial need. Students who have completed the Fall and Spring checklists and are receiving Federal Pell Grant are eligible to apply for Grant Aid. These funds are allocated to assist TRiO students with educational expenses. Grant Aid cannot be awarded more than two times to the same recipient.
Our program can only award students who have met the requirements and demonstrate active participation* in the TRiO program. Funds are limited and students are considered based on the following requirements:
- Be in good academic standing (2.50 cumulative GPA or higher)
- Be in good status with Skyline College’s Financial Aid Office, demonstrate unmet need, and be a Pell Grant Recipient.
- Meet all TRiO requirements listed on the student contract and complete the Fall and Spring checklists.
- Have completed at least one semester in TRiO.
- Be enrolled full-time (12 units) at Skyline College.
*Active Participation is defined by completing the program’s checklist requirements as well as attending TRiO related workshops, events, and meetings throughout the semester.