Tutoring Assistance and Counseling Through TRiO
How do I get tutoring assistance if I’m in TRiO?
To receive tutoring assistance, TRiO students should enrolled in one of the following courses:
- MATH 650 - Individualized tutoring in math skills arranged and supervised in the Math & Sciences Lab.
- ENGL 650 - Individualized tutoring in reading and writing skills arranged and supervised in the Writing & Reading Lab.
- LSKL 800 or LSKL 803 - Individualized and/or group instruction arranged and supervised by faculty and instructional aides in the Learning Center.
Who do I work with?
- The TRiO Director is Michael Stokes. TRiO applicants must complete an intake interview with the TRiO Director to determine eligibility to participate in the program.
- The TRiO Counselors are Jessica Lopez Jimenez, Guillermo Villanueva, and Brianna Clay. Students need to meet with a TRiO counselor twice a semester to update their educational plan, discuss academic support needs, and review transfer plans.
- For help with English, Reading, and ESOL, the English Lab Coordinator is Chanel Daniels. TRiO students should make appointments with Professor Daniels to devise a study plan at the beginning of the semester.
- For help with math, the Math Lab Coordinator is Miranda Wang. TRiO students should make appointments with Professor Wang to devise a study plan at the beginning of the semester.