Students will need to submit an official transcript to Admissions & Records in order to determine how coursework completed outside the SMCCCD can be applied to SMCCCD certificates, associate degrees, CSU GE certification and IGETC certification.

Students who have completed coursework at colleges and universities outside of the San Mateo County Community College District (Cañada College, College of San Mateo or Skyline College) should submit official transcripts from all their previous schools to the Admissions and Records Office of their home campus.

They should then request an official evaluation of that coursework from the SMCCCD Transcript Evaluation Service within the first weeks of their first term of enrollment at Cañada College, College of San Mateo or Skyline College. Completed lower division, degree applicable coursework is reviewed, analyzed, and applied, as appropriate, to educational goals available in the SMCCCD.

Transcript Evaluation requests are submitted through the student's WebSMART account. The evaluation is then viewable in Degree Works™ and serves as the official response from the district.

The evaluation provides students and counselors with essential information for educational planning purposes. Transcript evaluations are also used by Admissions and Records Offices to confirm degree or certificate completion, completion of CSU GE certification or IGETC certification.