Prerequisite Challenge Process
The prerequisite challenge is for students who have been placed into ESOL 840 or equivalent and who wish to challenge their placement and enter ESOL 400; students may also use this process if they have been placed into ESOL 400 and wish to challenge their placement and enter ENGL 105. There is no challenge process for ESOL 830 or 840 which do not have prerequisites. If a student has placed into 830 or lower and would like to challenge into ESOL 400 or ENGL 105, we recommend that they see the ESL Connect.
The prerequisite challenge process
- The challenge consists of an in-person reading and writing sample that can take, at minimum, 50 minutes. Please allow up to two hours for the appointment.
- Students may attempt the 400 challenge and the 105 challenge only once.
How to Make an Appointment
Please send an email to the Assessment Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following student information:
- Full legal name
- Student ID (G number)
- Current English/ ESOL placement
- English/ESOL level you wish to challenge
- Preferred email address for further communications
|ESOL 840||ESOL 400||ENGL 105|
Translate This Page