Welcome to the Skyline College Academic Senate
Academic Senate office hours for Spring 2016 are Mondays 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in room 8-303.
Important Information about Our Local Senates
Find out what it means that our senate is a "Senate of the Whole." This important information will be voted on in Fall 2016.
Responsibilities of the Academic Senate (the "10+1")
The Academic Senate addresses all academic and professional matters outlined in the "10+1," or the 11 areas of responsibilities created by legislation AB 1725 which amended Title 5, Section 53200. The 10+1 are listed here. The SMCCCD Board of Trustees has agreed to rely primarily upon the expertise of the senate in academic and professional matters (Board Policy 2.09).
ASCCC Conferences, Institutes, and Plenary Information
- Resolutions from most recent State Plenary
- ASCCC Institutes
- ASCCC Past resolutions, Disciplines List, and other Resources
- News: Cabrillo college circulates a petition campaign to revise repeatability rules in the areas of physical education and the arts.
- AB 86: Provides funding for CCCs and Adult Education to create consortia to develop plans for the alignment of services in basic skills, ESL, and other community course needs.
Other Vital Information
- Degreewithaguarantee.com CCCs' and CSU's joint website, "Degree with A Guarantee," which provides comprehensive information about the new Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T/AS-T) pathway that lets students earn an associate degree and a bachelor’s degree with no wasted units.
- SB 1440: Transfer Model Curriculum (AA-T and AS-T): State Academic Senate article "Articulation for Non-experts" offers a good explanation of SB 1440.
- Meyer Award Nomination Form
Our mission is to empower and transform a global community of learners.