The Skyline College CalWORKs program provides assistance to continuing or new students who are receiving TANF/CalWORKs (Cash Aid) benefits.
Services for eligible students include:
- Academic Counseling, Priority Registration, Welfare to Work Advocacy and workshops for personal and professional development.
- Liaison with county social services regarding welfare-to-work plans and mandated hours, referrals to on-off campus programs and community based-services.
- On campus work-study opportunities while pursuing an educational goal. Students gain valuable work-based knowledge and skills.
- Transportation and educational supplies assistance. Other resources include calculator loan, reference textbooks, and ancillary educational expenses.
- Additional services include career and personal counseling and a safe and confidential environment for welfare-to-work transitional students.
How to Apply
- Download and complete the CalWORKs Application.