Thank you for your interest in the Central Service Technology program at Skyline College. The program begins once a year beginning Spring semester.
All application materials must be returned between August 1 to October 15 to be considered for the Program. Notifications will be mailed by November 15th.
Download Special Application and Instructions.
Admission into the Central Service Technology program is by special application only. Twenty-five (25) applicants will be accepted and 15 others will be placed on a waiting list per year.
Admission to the Central Service Technology Program requires the following minimum entrance requirements:
- Complete the Skyline College application.
- Complete the Central Services Tech special application .
- Communication in the health care environment is of extreme importance. We recommend that applicants be eligible for English 846 or equivalent.
Students admitted to the program are required to complete a satisfactory physical examination, immunization documentation verifying freedom of communicable disease, a social security referenced background check, and drug test in order to officially secure their seat. All courses must be taken in sequence. A minimum grade of “C” is required in all Central Service Technology courses.
Return All Application Materials To:CST Program
3300 College Drive, San Bruno, CA 94066
Clinical Affiliate Requirements
Clinical affiliates require the following. As such, they are required upon acceptance to the program. Do not send any of these documents until requested to do so.
- Evidence of good health in form of Physical Exam report signed by a practicing physician
- Verification of all immunizations pertinent to health care personnel -- TB, Tetanus, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Chicken Pox
- Cleared social security referenced background check
- Cleared drug screen
The physical demands of a Central Service Technician can be challenging. The following required abilities are necessary:
- Sit or stand up to eight (8) hours per day
- Capable of lifting and carrying 50 pounds (22 kg)
- Hear and communicate without visual cues
- Practice in a confined space under stressful conditions
For Further Information, Please Contact:Alice Erskine
3300 College Drive, San Bruno CA 94066