Thank you for your interest in the Central Service Technology program at Skyline College. The program begins once a year beginning Spring semester.
A few spots remain for the Spring 2018 (beginning Tuesday, January 16th) semester. Please see the application instructions below, or contact Alana Utsumi at email@example.com if you are interested. Applications will be accepted until the spots are filled.
There are no formal prerequisites for the Central Services Technology Program. Students must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Communication in the health care environment is of extreme importance, so we recommend that applicants be eligible for English 846 or equivalent.
Admission into the Central Service Technology program is by special application only. Twenty-five (25) applicants will be accepted each year.
Admission to the Central Service Technology Program requires the following application requirements:
- Complete the Skyline College application, and make a note of your Skyline College ID (G#) when received via email.
- Collect one (1) reference letter. You may use the Standard Form , or a letter that references the answers to the standard form questions.
- Complete the Central Services Tech special application, available until the spots are filled. You will be able to upload your reference letter within the online application. You may also email your reference letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information will be emailed upon application submission.
Students admitted to the program are required to complete a satisfactory physical examination, immunization documentation verifying freedom of communicable disease, a social security referenced background check, and drug test (at an additional cost) in order to officially secure their seat. All courses must be taken in sequence. A minimum grade of “C” is required in all Central Service Technology courses.
Clinical Affiliate Requirements
Clinical affiliates require the following. As such, they are required upon acceptance to the program. Do not send any of these documents until requested to do so.
- Evidence of good health in form of Physical Exam report signed by a practicing physician
- Verification of all immunizations pertinent to health care personnel -- TB, Tetanus, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Chicken Pox
- Cleared social security referenced background check
- Cleared drug screen
The physical demands of a Central Service Technician can be challenging. The following required abilities are necessary:
- Sit or stand up to eight (8) hours per day
- Capable of lifting and carrying 50 pounds (22 kg)
- Hear and communicate without visual cues
- Practice in a confined space under stressful conditions
For Further Information, Please Contact:Alana Utsumi, Program Services Coordinator | (650) 738-4310
Alice Erskine, Surgical Careers Center Director | (650) 738-4470