Thank you for your interest in the Central Service Technology program at Skyline College. The program begins once a year beginning Spring semester.
All application materials must be returned between August 1 to October 15, 2014 to be considered for the Program. Notifications will be mailed by November 15th.
Admission into the Central Service Technology program is by special application only. Twenty-five (25) applicants will be accepted and 15 others will be placed on a waiting list per year. To be considered for the program, students must meet Skyline College admission requirements, meet the program requirements and submit the complete application package.
Admission to the Central Service Technology Program requires the following minimum entrance requirements:
- Complete the special application (see link at top of page)
- Communication in the health care environment is of extreme importance. It is recommend that applicants be eligible for English 846 or equivalent.
Students admitted to the program are required to complete a satisfactory physical examination, immunization documentation verifying freedom of communicable disease, a social security referenced background check, and drug test in order to officially secure their seat. All courses must be taken in sequence. A minimum grade of “C” is required in all Central Service Technology courses.
Return All Application Materials To:
Office of Admissions and Records
Surgical Technology Application
3300 College Drive
San Bruno, CA 94066
To be considered for admission to the Central Service Technology Program all applicants must:
- Meet all college admission requirements
- Submit a completed Central Service Technology Program application (see link at top of page)
- Submit a completed Skyline College application if you have not attended Skyline College the prior semester
- Return all completed materials to Skyline College by January 6.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to insure their application is complete.
- Only completed applications will be forwarded to the Surgical Careers Center for consideration.
- Approximately twenty-five (25) applicants will be accepted and 15 others will be placed on a waiting list.
- Accepted applicants will be notified by mail by January 20.
- If you need financial aid, please check early with the financial aid office.
- For those students accepted into the program and prior to the start of the Fall Semester, the cleared physical examination, immunization record, social security referenced background check, and drug test must be evaluated as acceptable prior to official registration.
Clinical Affiliate Requirements
Clinical affiliates require the following. As such, they are required upon entry to the program. Do not send any of these documents until requested to do so.
- Evidence of good health in form of Physical Exam report signed by an approved health care provider
- Verification of all immunizations pertinent to health care personnel
- Cleared social security referenced background check
- Cleared drug screen
The physical demands of a Central Service Technician can be challenging. The following required abilities are necessary:
- Sit or stand up to eight (8) hours per day
- Capable of lifting and carrying 50 pounds (22 kg)
- Hear and communicate without visual cues
- Practice in a confined space under stressful conditions
For Further Information, Please Contact:
3300 College Drive
San Bruno CA. 94066