The Esthetician Program provides students with the skills and knowledge that include: a basic understanding of the chemistry of the skin along with the products used in its care, the application of make-up and the removal of superfluous hair. The program is open to both men and women. Upon completion of the 600 hour program, students are eligible for the Esthetician Certificate from Skyline and qualified to apply for licensing through the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology. After becoming licensed, you will be able to perform professional esthetic services, which include but are not limited to:
- Analyze and consult with a client on skin care.
- Understand reactions of the skin when applying a product.
- Cosmetic chemistry and the results of products on the skin.
- Understand the application of chemical peels according to the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
- Applying makeup.
- Removing superfluous hair
After receiving the Esthetician License, job opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Owning your business
- Working for a physician
- Working for a manufacturer
- Becoming an educator
- Working as a makeup artist
- When: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 6pm to 10pm; Saturday, 8am to 4:30pm
- Where: Skyline College, Cosmetology Department
- Course Length: 2 semesters
- Enrollment: Fall semester