The Skyline College CalWORKs program provides assistance to continuing or new students who are receiving TANF/CalWORKs (Cash Aid) benefits.
Services for eligible students include:
- Academic Counseling, Priority Registration, Welfare to Work Advocacy and workshops for personal and professional development.
- Liaison with county social services regarding welfare-to-work plans and mandated hours, referrals to on-off campus programs and community based-services.
- On campus work-study opportunities while pursuing an educational goal. Students gain valuable work-based knowledge and skills.
- Transportation and educational supplies assistance. Other resources include calculator loan, reference textbooks, and ancillary educational expenses.
- Additional services include career and personal counseling and a safe and confidential environment for welfare-to-work transitional students.
How to Apply
- Download and complete the CalWORKs Application.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
CalWorks staff have identified the following Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for the various services provided by CalWORKs.
Students will be able to develop SEP that reflects the requirements for certificate, associate degrees and / or transfer
Students will be able to utilize tools to communicate with staff and receive program information
To empower and transform a global community of learners.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) will be assessed using:
- Review of collected data, and
- Other methods