Fashion promotion, visual merchandising, fashion coordination, retail buying, and store management are some of the fields for which this program prepares students. Since the fashion industry is one of the fastest growing segments of business in the Bay Area, internship and employment opportunities are readily available.
In addition to immediate employment opportunities, the Certificate and Associate in Science degree programs in Fashion Merchandising provide a foundation for transfer and pursuit of a Bachelor's degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Summarize the roles the merchant team plays in the procurement and distribution of merchandise.
- Identify entry level positions, career opportunities and related duties in the fashion industry.
- Describe expectations, duties, and realistic challenges that industry professionals face.
- Recognize and identify design elements and trends from key eras of fashion history
- Demonstrate key concepts of fashion merchandising, retail buying, special events and promotions, visual merchandising, and image/fashion consulting.