Fee Payment Policy
Fees are subject to change at any time by action of the State Legislature, Board of Governors of the California community Colleges, or the San Mateo County Community College District Board of Trustees. While it is the intention of the local governing board that any proposed fee increases be moderate and predictable, due to the ongoing State budget shortfall, fee increases could be adopted at any time. In the event of a fee increase, students will be notified of the increase and any subsequent amount owed will be posted on their WebSMART account, and through emails to their my.smccd.edu email address.
Registration for the spring term begins on Monday, November 4. You will not be able to register for classes if you have any outstanding balances on your account.
- Please be advised that the Fee Payment Deadline is on Monday, January 6, 2014; students who have any unpaid fee balances will be dropped from all fall classes at midnight for non-payment of outstanding fees.
- Beginning, Tuesday, January 7 - Sunday, January 12, 2014, students will be dropped at midnight the day following their registration for non-payment of any unpaid fees.
If you need assistance in paying your fees, you are encouraged to:
- Enroll in an inexpensive payment plan via WebSMART by 8:00 p.m. on January 6, 2014
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.gov) as soon as soon as possible. A minimum of five (5) business days processing time is required to ensure receipt of the FAFSA to prevent your drop of non-payment (school code required: 007713 Skyline College). If you are an AB 540 student and unable to complete a FAFSA due to citizenship status, complete the 2013-14 California Dream Application at www.caldreamapp.org as soon as possible. A minimum of five (5) business days processing time is required to ensure receipt of the Dream Application to prevent your drop for non-payment (school code required: 007713 Skyline College)
- Complete the Board of Governors Fee Waiver via WebSMART
- If you still need financial assistance after exhausting all options listed above, please contact the Vice President of Student Services.
- All Records are automatically held until all outstanding debts to the District Colleges have been cleared.
- Review your account on WebSMART regularly for current balances.