Skip to contentSkip to top navigationSkip to switch websitesSkip to local navigation

BOG Fee Waiver

About the Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver

Part-time or full-time students may qualify for the Board of Governors Fee Waiver. The BOG fee waiver allows you to waive (not pay) your enrollment fee for the academic year. Other fees, such as parking, books, student body, and student representation fees must be paid by you. California residents may qualify for a fee waiver to have their enrollment fees waived. Arrangements for assistance in applying should be made prior to registration.

If a student is awarded a fee waiver and is determined at a later date to have been ineligible or fail to turn in required documents, the fee waiver will be automatically cancelled and the fees reassessed to the student's account.

If you have received your Bachelors Degree or higher, your Federal Financial Aid may be limited, but you may qualify for the Board of Governors Fee Waiver.

How do I obtain a Board of Governors Fee Waiver?

Option 1

  1. U.S. Citizens and Permanent Legal Residents: Submit the FAFSA application to see if you are eligible for the fee waiver.
  2. AB540 Students: Submit a CA Dream Act Application.
  3. If you have already submitted a FAFSA or CA Dream Act application, then you do not need to apply for the BOG fee waiver on WebSMART.
  4. Please Note: Submitting a FAFSA application will supersede/override the BOG fee waiver application from WebSMART.

Option 2

  1. Apply for a BOG Fee Waiver via WebSMART.
  2. Your WebSMART account will be updated with your BOG eligibility within the next 24 hours.
  3. Then check WebSMART to verify your eligibility and to see if you are required to turn in documents.
  4. You have 21 days from the date you submitted your application to turn in any required documents.

Who is eligible for the BOG Fee Waiver?

Eligibility Method A

  • Be a California Resident
  • Receive TANF/CalWORKS or SSI/SSP (Supplemental Security Income / State Supplemental Program) or General Assistance / General Relief while enrolled
  • Sign an application under penalty of perjury that he/she is a program recipient and provide documentation such as an Aid Verification Summary (TANF), copy of a Benefits Letter from the Social Security Administration Office (SSI), or photocopy of the most recent public assistance check (General Assistance)

Eligibility Method B

Eligibility Method C

  • Be a California Resident
  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and list Skyline College Federal School Code 007713
  • You will receive a confirmation that your FAFSA application was processed by the Dept. of Education within three days after submitting your application

Special Classification

  • Be a California Resident
  • Have certification from the California Department of Veterans Affairs or the National Guard Adjutant General that you are eligible for a dependent's fee waiver
  • Have a certification from the Department of Veterans Affairs or the CA Victim Compensation and government Claims Board that you are eligible as a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor as a child of a recipient or a dependent of a victim of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack
  • Have documentation that you are eligible as a dependent of a deceased law enforcement / fire suppression personnel killed in line of duty