Visa Application Process
International students residing outside the United States need to apply for a U.S. visa. After acceptance to Skyline College, we recommend admitted students to do the following:
1- Make an appointment with the nearest U.S. embassy/consulate.
2- Pay I-901 fee For I-901 (visa fee)
3- Attend the visa interview at the U.S. embassy/consulate.
At the consulate, submit the following items:
- Visa application. Complete the form provided by the U.S. consulate in the country where the application will be submitted.
- Receipt confirming payment of the SEVIS fee.
- Valid passport.
- Passport-size photos.
- I-20 and acceptance letter to Skyline College.
- Financial evidence detailing source and amount of funding.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- If your spouse and children are accompanying you to the U.S., be prepared to show proof of satisfactory funding and their passports.
Please contact your U.S. embassy/consulate for a complete list of items.