Welcome to the ESOL Lab!
The ESOL Lab is located to next to room 5115 in The Learning Center, Building 5.
ESOL Conversation Groups
Please check back for updated information
Spanish-English Language Sharing Groups
Spanish-English Language Sharing Groups generally meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00am-12:00pm in The Learning Center. For a half-hour, particpants speak in English, and the second half-hour, participants speak in Spanish. Learners of English and Spanish help each other learn the two languages. Check with the ESOL Lab Instructional Aide for more info.
What can I do at the ESOL Lab?
- Use computer software to improve your English skills
- Join conversation groups
- Work with ESOL tutors
- Practice pronunciation in our Language Lab
- Record your voice for your ESOL class
- Attend workshops to learn important study skills
How Do I Enroll?
You can sign up for ESOL 655 or LSKL 880 SD through WebSMART.
Students can earn units of credit as follows:
- 0.5 unit = 24 hours = approximately 1 ½ hrs per week
- 1.0 unit = 48 hours = approximately 3 hrs per week
- 1.5 units = 72 hours = approximately 4 ½ hrs per week
- 2.0 units = 96 hours = approximately 6 hrs per week
- 2.5 units = 120 hours = approximately 7 ½ hrs per week
- 3.0 units = 144 hours = approximately 9 ¼ hrs per week.