Welcome to the Learning Center (TLC) at Skyline College!
The Learning Center Philosophy:
Through a close collaboration between faculty, tutors, and students, the Learning Center empowers students to be responsible, active learners. The Learning Center is a flexible learning environment providing academic support for students in most Skyline courses through supplemental instruction, peer tutoring, workshops, and computer-assisted learning. We are ready to assist you with writing, reading, math, science, or other college courses!
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program students will be able to:
- Increase awareness of strengths and challenges in academic work
- Seek assistance from various and appropriate services on campus
- Increase personal development in areas such as self-monitoring, time management, persistence, and academic proficiency
What you should know about academic assistance or tutoring:
- Students must be enrolled in a Learning Center (LSKL) course to receive supplemental instruction or peer tutoring.
- Students are responsible for recording their hours accurately on each visit by logging in at the front desk computer.
- Academic assistance requires students to take responsibility for their own learning.
Academic assistance is provided through the Learning Center Labs -- Find out more here!
The Learning Center Spring 2013 Hours and Location
- Monday through Thursday: 8am-7pm and Friday: 8am-4pm
- Room 5100, 1st Floor, Building 5
- Phone: (650) 738-4144
If interested in applying to be a student assistant, peer tutor, or graduate tutor in the Learning Center, fill out an application and email TLC staff assistant Judy Cheung (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 650-738-4144.
For position descriptions, requirements and application forms, go to:
Student Assistant Application
Peer Tutor Application
Grad Tutor Application