Math Assistance Lab
Resources Available to Students:
- One-on-one and small group assistance with math assignments for all levels of Math, from Math 811 to Math 275
- Specialized software applications and web resources
- Academic Success Workshops for mathematics, from basic Math skills to Calculus
How Can I Make a Tutoring Appointment?
Students who are enrolled in a Learning Skills Class and wish to receive math tutoring should check the Tutor Schedule for time slots. Math tutoring is done on a drop-in, first come, first served basis at The Learning Center.
How Can I Gain Access to Tutoring Services at a Learning Center Lab?
Students who wish to use tutoring services at any Learning Center Lab must enroll in one Learning Skills (LSKL) Class. Learning Skills are not graded and students can choose between:
- LSKL 803: A free, repeatable class with zero units that is non-degree applicable
- Access to online tutoring services
- LSKL 800: A pass/no pass class with your choice of 0.5 or 1.0 units of credit
- 0.5 units = approximately 1.5 hours per week spent using Learning Center resources
- 1.0 unit = approximately 3 hours per week spent using Learning Center resources
How Can I Enroll in a Learning Skills Class?
Students can sign up for LSKL 800 or LSKL 803 through WebSMART.