Writing & Reading Lab
Resources Available to Students:
- One-on-one assistance with writing and reading assignments
- Specialized software applications and web resources
- Academic Success Workshops on sentence construction, parts of speech, and essay writing.
- Resources and Study Tips page that provides access to writing and grammar guides, advice on research and documentation, and other online resources
How Can I Make a Tutoring Appointment?
Students who are enrolled in a Learning Skills Class and wish to make a tutoring appointment should check the Tutor Schedule and make an appointment by following the steps below:
- Go to WebSMART
- Under “Student Services” click on “Schedule Appointment”
- Click on “Make a Tutoring Appointment in the Learning Center/Check hours”
- Click “Accudemia – Skyline College”
- Schedule your appointment using the "Appointments" tab to the left of the screen
How Can I Gain Access to Tutoring Services at a Learning Center Lab?
Students who wish to use tutoring services at any Learning Center Lab must enroll in one Learning Skills (LSKL) Class. Learning Skills are not graded and students can choose between:
- LSKL 803: A free, repeatable class with zero units that is non-degree applicable
- LSKL 800: A pass/no pass class with your choice of 0.5 or 1.0 units of credit
- 0.5 units = approximately 1.5 hours per week spent using Learning Center resources
- 1.0 unit = approximately 3 hours per week spent using Learning Center resources
How Can I Enroll in a Learning Skills Class?
Students can sign up for LSKL 800 or LSKL 803 through WebSMART.