The Library, located on the second floor of Building 5, features a wide range of research databases as well as a book collection of 50,000 volumes and subscriptions to hundreds of magazines, journals, and newspapers. Library users have access to the Peninsula Library System online catalog and the Web.
Fall / Spring Semester Hours
|Monday - Thursday||8:00am - 9:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 2:00pm|
|Saturday||10:00am - 2:00pm|
On occasion the Library is closed (or closes early) due to holidays or declared recesses.
View Skyline College academic calendar.
Summer Hours, 2014
|June 16 to July 24, Monday - Thursday||8:00am - 8:00pm|
|July 28 to August 7, Monday - Thursday||3:00pm - 8:00pm|
Ask a Librarian
Ask a Librarian any questions about doing research, finding information, and citing sources.
Renew Books / My Library Account
Search for textbooks and other reserve material available at the library.
Learn how to print documents.
Tablets (iPads) for Student Checkout
Tablets (currently limited to iPads) are available for student checkout from the Circulation Desk in the Library. Click here for tablet loan policy and borrower's agreement.
Library of Congress Classification
The Library of Congress Classification (LC) is a classification system developed to organize and arrange the book collections of the Library of Congress.
Read the Library’s rules and policies.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program students will be able to:
- Topic choice / focus: Articulate a focused research question, topic, or information need.
- Search tool selection: Identify a variety of types and formats of information sources and select appropriate search tools to find the needed information.
- Search strategy: Develop and execute an effective research strategy using a wide range of search tools, accurately interpret results, and find authoritative information pertinent to the topic.
- Information source evaluation: Evaluate the relevance, quality, authoritativeness, and creditability of information retrieved.
- Information source documentation: Access, cite, and use information ethically and legally.