Information Literacy Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of their Skyline College experience, the information-literate student will be able to:
- Articulate a focused research question, topic, or information need.
- Identify a variety of types and formats of information sources and select appropriate search tools to find the needed information.
- Develop and execute an effective research strategy using a wide range of search tools, accurately interpret results, and find authoritative information pertinent to the topic.
- Evaluate the relevance, quality, authoritativeness, and credibility of information retrieved.
- Access and use information ethically and legally.