Respiratory Therapy Program Application Process
Students are admitted into the program once a year only, each Fall semester. Application period is open January 15 - May 1. Respiratory Therapy application forms are available through the links below. Applicants who have previously applied, and wish to reapply, must resubmit their application. Approximately 25 students are admitted to the program each year. Selection is based on criteria approved by the Skyline College Administration and consistent with state regulations (see application instructions). For further information on the Respiratory Therapy Program, please call (650) 738-4457. Full-time registration is required, and all courses must be taken in sequence. Credit may be given for previous coursework.
The program requires the minimum entrance requirements having completed with a “C” or better or are in the process of completing the following:
- Algebra - Math 110 or 112 or equivalent
- Chemistry (with lab) – CHEM 192 410 or equivalent
- Human Anatomy (with lab) – BIO 250 or equivalent
- Medical Terminology – HSCI 484 or BUS 485 or equivalent
- Eligibility for Skyline College ENGL 836 or equivalent
- Students selected into the program must complete a satisfactory social security referenced background check, drug test, physical examination, and documented immunizations
Note: It is recommended that these courses have been completed within 5 years upon application of the program. High school coursework cannot be accepted to meet prerequisite requirements.
ADMISSION PROCEDURES AND REQUIREMENTS
Read the instructions carefully and submit the required documents:
- Instructions for Application period 2014
- Application Spring 2014
- Letter of Reference
- Application Checklist
For Repeat Applicants: Please read this information if you were not accepted last year and wish to reapply.
An Associate Degree is required to take the Respiratory Care Practitioner Exam administered by the California Respiratory Care Board. To determine specific General Education requirements, applicants are encouraged to contact the Counseling Department. Admission to the Respiratory Therapy. It is suggested that most GE is completed prior to submitting your application.
- Program Brochure
- Required Abilities Qualifications
- Associate Degree Requirements
- Program Schedule
- Student Handbook
- Program Costs
- Approved Foreign Transcript Evaluation Services
- Respiratory Care Practitioner Workforce Study Conducted by California Respiratory Care Board