Skyline College Students Step Up
Skyline College Students Step Up present Be the Light of Change sustainability contest. Do you have ideas to improve sustainability at Skyline?
Enter Be the Light of Change to become 1 of 3 projects earning up to $5,000* in grant funding. Click on the link to download a copy of the Students Step Up Grant Application.
- Applications are due March 1st, 2013. Submit applications to Jennifer Mair.
- Panel Presentations are March 19th, 2013. Students will vote for the winning project as part of the Skyline College Students Step Up program.
*$5,000 will be distributed between three projects based on their budgets.
Students Step Up 2012 Award Winners
- $2500 awarded to Hydration Station
- $1200 awarded to Veterans’ Center improvements
- $1200 awarded to supporting AB540 student success
- $1200 awarded to Open Mic, Music & Art in the student center
Skyline Students Speak Sustainability
Skyline College Speaks Sustainability Forum was held on November 8th, 2012. The event was hosted by Jennifer Mair, Adjunct Communications Studies Faculty in conjunction with Environmental Science instructor Briana McCarthy and the Sustainable Campus Initiative. Students Step Up 2012 grant recipient Amber Lincoln spoke about her winning project, the campus Hydration Station. The forum provided an outlet for students to voice their ideas to improve sustainability at Skyline College. Students were given the tools and resources to create a project to enter in this years' Skyline Students Step Up sustainability contest.
Click on the link to download a copy of the Students Step Up Grant Application.
Like Skyline Students Step Up on Facebook!