Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program students will be able to:
- Effective Communication: Identify and describe language structure and functions exhibiting strong ability in the main components of the linguistic system of the four basic skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening comprehension
- Effective Communication: Summarize, translate and interpret the main grammatical structures in language to offer various explanations and understandings of why and how people communicate
- Critical Thinking: Critically consider, analyze, and research special issues in sociolinguistics, bilingualism and multiculturalism.
- Citizenship: Apply cultural and grammatical theories, principles, and concepts to address real life problems and situations in the foreign language acquisition and cognition field.
- Citizenship: Bring back into the community and apply the skills, abilities, and knowledge acquired in the SKYFLA program for the improvement of others and themselves, and to further the objectives of translation, interpretation and communication in different foreign languages in society.