The Center for Student Life and Leadership Development is an excellent resource center for students interested in creating or participating in campus events, gaining leadership skills and enhancing their overall education experience through participation in extracurricular activities.
Programs and Services Include:
- ASSC (Student Government)
- Clubs and Organizations
- Commencement Ceremony (Graduation)
- Event Planning and Educational Programming
- Food Sales Guidelines
- Leadership Development Programs for All Students
- Posting Regulations
- Programming Board
- Resolution of Students Complaints
- Room and Space Reservations
- Student Body Cards
- Student Recognition and Awards Ceremony (Scholarship Ceremony)
- Vending and Tabling
For additional information and a complete list of services, please contact the Center for Student Life and Leadership Development.
We are located in Building 6, Room 6212.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
The Center for Student Life and Leadership Development Staff have identified the following Student Learning Outcomes for the services that the department provides:
- The ASSC Governing Council will understand the College and District shared governance processes.
[ISLO: Communication, Citizenship, and Critical Thinking]
- The ASSC Governing Council and SOCC members will be able to conduct needs assessments, understand event planning policies and procedures, and manage a budget to stage effective events on campus.
[ISLO: Interpersonal Skills, Critical Thinking, and Lifelong Learning]
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of their rights and responsibilities as members of our campus community.
[ISLO: Self-Awareness, Citizenship, and Lifelong Wellness]
Check out the ISLOs Here!
To empower and transform a global community of learners
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) will be assessed using:
- Focus Groups
- Review of collected data, and
- Other methods