Skip to contentSkip to top navigationSkip to switch websitesSkip to local navigation

Event Planning

The Center for Student Life and Leadership Development oversees hundreds of educational and social events every year. Want to be a part of it? Contact the Center for Student Life.

How to Plan an Event on Campus (Including Tabling)

Please read the District Policy on Speech: Time, Place, and Manner  

Event application packets must be completed 45 days prior to the date of use. Please fill out all forms electronically and upload with the Activity Permit Request Form. Your complete event packet must include:

  • Diagram of the set up for your event
  • Any promotional literature or tickets for approval
  • Certificate of Liability Insurance (if applicable)
  • SMCCCD Food Service Provider Authorization Form (if applicable)
  • If hiring performers, the Agreement, Contract, and W-9 form
  • Completed Activity Permit Request Form

Skyline College Helpful Links

Paper Flyer Posting Information

  • All postings must be pre-stamped by the Center for Student Life and Leadership Development in Building 6, Room 6212
  • You must carefully read the official Posting Policy  
  • Use Pushpins or Thumbtacks ONLY! (Available for purchase at the Campus Bookstore)
  • Post only on the listed Bulletin Boards   (No postings on walls, doors, windows, or cars)
  • Campus bulletin boards are reserved for students, staff, and non-profits only. Commercial enterprises may not post on campus.

Posting on Campus TV Screens

To post on the campus TVs, you need to use Microsoft PowerPoint to place your ad in the Video Screen Template. When you are done, email the PowerPoint file to the marketing department at for approval and posting.

Tabling on Campus

"Tabling" means setting up a table with information and/or sign-up forms at a high-traffic location such as Sky Café or the Quad.

Please complete and review the following documents if you would like to table:


Food Services Information

Looking to have food during your event? Check out these resources to get you started!

Show a Movie on Campus!

The film you want to present must be licensed with SWANK.

Look up the movie of your choice in SWANK's database, contact SWANK, and they will provide you with a quote, including licensing and a copy of the film for the screening.

Swank's representative will ask you:

  1. How many people you expect will attend the screening
  2. Where you will show the film -- classroom? theater?
  3. Your preferred screening date(s)