Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program students will be able to:
- ESSAYS: Write focused, organized, well-developed, and text-based essays using effective paragraphs, which support a clear thesis statement, and demonstrate competence in standard English grammar and usage.
- CRITICAL ANALYSIS: Demonstrate critical reading, writing, and thinking skills through analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of important ideas.
- SOURCES: Effectively evaluate and fluidly integrate relevant sources, using appropriate research strategies and tools, and documenting them according to MLA guidelines.
- ESSAYS AND SOURCES: Write analytical, unified, text-based essays using the conventions of literary analysis and criticism, and effectively integrating and documenting sources according to MLA guidelines.
- LITERARY ANALYSIS: Demonstrate an understanding of a broad range of literary works from the period and/or genre by analyzing major themes and literary techniques.