California Dream Act
You can afford college and we will show you how.
The Financial Aid Office is committed to helping all students apply for financial aid. Check our Events Calendar for dates and times of Financial Aid Application Labs.
Who is an AB540 Student?
- Attended a California high school for at least three years;
- Graduated from a California high school or
- Received a GED or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam;
- Are registered or enrolled at a California community college and
- If required, complete an affidavit saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for legal immigration status
California Dream Act Information
The California Dream Act of 2011 was passed into laws AB130 and AB131. At Skyline College, these laws allow AB540 eligible students to apply for and receive several types of financial aid, including:
How to Apply for the California Dream Act
Step 1: Determine if you are AB540 Eligible
- You must complete a California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request Form .
- Submit this form to the Admissions & Records Office to determine if you are AB 540 eligible.
Step 2: Submit a Dream Act Application
Once you have been determined AB540 eligible, please complete either Option 1 or 2:
Cal Grant Information
- Must submit a California Dream Act Online Application by March 2nd
- High School Seniors: Submit a NON-SSN Cal Grant GPA Verification Form
- For continuing Skyline College students, your GPA is electronically sent to California Student Aid Commission (CSAC)
- Cal Grant Quick Fact Sheet
- I got a Cal Grant - So What's Next?
- California Dream Act FAQs
- California Dream Act Myths
- Dream Act Financial Aid Programs
For information on how to support undocumented students in their pursuit of college, career and citizenship, please visit Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC) at http://www.e4fc.org
Are you concerned about immigration issues? The Dream Center can help you with issues like AB540 admissions, DACA, the California Dream Act and more. We are here to answer questions and provide support in a welcoming and safe space. Please visit our webpage for office hours and contact information at: http://skylinecollege.edu/dreamcenter/
Any Questions? We are here to help!
If you have already submitted a CA Dream Act Application and have questions, please
California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-224-7268
You may also contact Claudia Acevedo, Cal Grant Specialist at email@example.com or 650-738-7011