All students have access to Health & Wellness Services. We provide health care, personal counseling services, health & wellness education and referrals to off campus resources. Our mission is to cultivate a holistically healthy, safe and equitable community. We commit to advancing health equity; so every person has the opportunity to attain their full health potential: physically, emotionally, socially, mentally and academically.
Student Learning Outcomes
Our Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) are developed to support the mission of Skyline College, to empower and transform a global community of learners. Health & Wellness Services have established SLOs which are statements that summarize the essential skills, knowledge and attitudes that a student gains after utilizing the service.
Health Center SLOs
- Students will be able to articulate the various methods of preventing the spread of the flu (ISLO: Lifelong Wellness)
- Students will learn how to prevent unwanted pregnancy, including different birth control methods and emergency contraception as well as the various local agency's that can assist them in obtaining free or low cost reproductive services (ISLO: Lifelong Wellness)
Personal Counseling SLOs
- Students report greater satisfaction with academic performance after receiving services (ISLO: Lifelong Wellness)
- Students will have a decreased score in the student’s depression (PHQ-9) and/or anxiety (GAD-7) results (ISLO: Lifelong Wellness)
- Students report greater satisfaction in overall performance, (employment, relationships, household responsibilities) after receiving services (ISLO: Lifelong Wellness)
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) will be assessed using:
- Review of collected data, and
- Other methods
Mental Health Crisis Information
|San Mateo County Psychiatric Emergency Services
San Mateo County Crisis Line
|San Francisco County Psychiatric Emergency Services||(415) 206-8125|
|National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Crisis Text Line: Text "COURAGE"
|(800) 273-8255 (Talk)