Skyline College is committed to developing and maintaining environments that are safe and supportive to LGBTQIA+ students, faculty and classified professionals, as well as straight allies on our college campuses.
Check out our Online Resources for the LGBTQIA+ Community in addition to the websites below!
- Asexual Visibility and Education Network — “The world’s largest online asexual community as well as a large archive of resources on asexuality.”
- Answer — A sex education resource aimed at providing high-quality training to teachers and other youth-serving professionals. Includes online workshops, webinars, and other resources about LGBTQ inclusive/sensitive sex ed and more.
- Bisexual.org — “A voice to the bisexual community, share accurate information, answer questions, and provide resources for further learning.”
- Everyday Feminism — “Learn how to heal from and stand up to everyday violence, discrimination, and marginalization,” with plenty of articles about class, gender, LGBTQIA issues, and race.
- Get Real — “Comprehensive Sex Education That Works.”
- It’s Pronounced Metrosexual — an online resource educating on issues of identity, sexuality, gender, privilege, and oppression, but in a fun, approachable way (by Safe Zone Project co-creator, Sam Killermann).
- TransWhat? — “A Guide Towards [Trans] Allyship”
- We Are The Youth — “Sharing stories of LGBTQ youth in the United States.”