The Stewardship for Equity, Equal Employment and Diversity (SEEED) Advisory Committee assists Skyline College in fulfilling its commitment to celebrate the intellectual, educational, and social benefits of diversity. In doing so, the committee will:
- Provide stewardship for the college's value related to campus climate.
- Oversee the college's equality in employment opportunities and make recommendations to the district EEOAC regarding fair and effective hiring policies.
- Support, provide or promote training in cultural proficiency.
- Provide support and assistance to equity and diversity-related projects and activities, and facilitate engagement in campus issues related to equity and diversity.
- Support and promote educational initiatives that result in intercultural awareness and respect for diversity in students, faculty and staff.
SEEED members are appointed by campus constituent groups from Academic Senate, Classified Council and Management.
To ensure an equitable campus at all levels at Skyline College
We foster equal representation in all levels of the institution, ensure equal access and distribution of resources, and develop an awareness and willingness to address issues of inequality.
SEEED meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 2:10 p.m., usually in Room 6203, but location may fluctuate depending upon space availability. The location may be verified by contacting (650) 738-4285.