Academic Coaching Program
What is Academic Coaching?
The Academic Coaching program is designed to help students maximize their educational experience and have a fulfilling and successful education at Skyline College. Through one-to-one coaching sessions and small group workshops, Academic Coaches help students set goals and develop strategies to succeed in college and beyond.
Academic Coaches assist students through the obstacles that arise during the semester and help students create positive and effective habits that lead to academic, professional and personal success.
Who should join the program?
Academic Coaching is designed to benefit any student who wishes to:
- improve study skills
- create a plan to overcome barriers to academic success
- improve test taking skills
- improve time management skills
- develop positive daily routines and habits
- become active class participants
- use active reading strategies for your textbooks
- reduce stress and anxiety
Make an Appointment
Academic Coaching program sessions are typically 30 minutes long; in some cases, you can request a 60-minute appointment. Check the Academic Coach Schedule to find when specific coaches are available.
- Online: Fill out this survey
- By Phone: (650) 738-4144
- In-Person: Buidling 5, Rm. 5-103
Once you make an appointment, please fill out the Coaching Service Request to give your Academic Coach some preliminary information on what you would like assistance with – this will allow for your Coach to be more prepared to help you.
Attend a Small Group Conversation
Download a full list of the Spring 2017 conversation topics .