Academic Senate Meetings
- Everyone in the Skyline College community is invited.
- Senators (division representatives) must attend every meeting; if they cannot attend a meeting, they are asked to send an alternate.
- Any member of the Skyline College community is welcome to address the Senate with information items during the Public Comment segment of any meeting; however, no action may be taken on any item brought forward at that time.
- Any member of the Skyline College community may request to address the Senate. Please
fill out the Agenda Request form to do so:
Online Academic Senate Office Hours
Responsibilities of the Academic Senate
The Skyline College Academic Senate addresses all academic and professional matters outlined in the 11 areas of responsibilities outlined in Title 5, Section 53200. These areas are known as the "10+1." Visit these pages to learn about the Academic Senate purview, constitution, and bylaws:
The SMCCCD Board of Trustees has agreed to rely primarily upon the expertise of the Academic Senate in academic and professional matters (Board Policy 2.09).
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites and placing courses within disciplines
- Degree and certificate requirements
- Grading policies
- Educational program development
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success
- District and college governance structures, as related to faculty roles
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports
- Policies for faculty professional development activities
- Processes for program review
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development
- Other academic and professional matters as are mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the academic senate